Gin and Tacos is a blog written by a political science lecturer somewhere in the midwest of the USA. The author is known as Ed; for professional reasons he is vague about his last name and location.
It is without a doubt some of the truest, funniest, angriest writing on modern America I have ever seen. It's mostly about politics, but Ed maintains a tradition of No Politics Friday in which he turns his keen observational eye and furious invective on more general matters. He has been posting five times a week since 2004 so the archives are vast.
It's fair to say Gin and Tacos is an inspiration to my own blogging efforts, and long may it continue.
A few of my favourite posts:
- NPF: Summer Grilling Primer, Part 1: Choosing Your Weapons
- NPF: Summer Grilling Primer, Part 2: Setting the Stage
- NPF: An Open Letter to Vegans
- The Hero's Tale (US elections in terms of mythical archetypes. Fascinating stuff.)
- Breaking News: Data Is More Accurate Than Making Shit Up
- There Are No Libertarians In Airplanes