Here are the ten most viewed posts I've published in the last year, starting with the most popular:
- Bad Motivator: Star Wars Episode 3. One of a series of posts written before Episode 7 came out, and arguing the key flaw in the prequel films was bad character motivation.
- Bad Motivator: Star Wars Episode 1
- Acts of Cowardice: The SNP and GMOs. Criticising the SNP's extraordinary decision to enact a blanket ban on GM organisms in Scotland, which it openly admits was done for public relations and marketing, not science.
- Why I'm voting for Julian Huppert: The excellent Liberal Democrat MP for Cambridge, who narrowly lost his seat in the 2015 General Election.
- Bad Motivator: Star Wars Episode 2
- A Good Feature of The Phantom Menace. Yes, it has at least one good idea, although as usual George Lucas botched the execution.
- Magic Sugar Pills: On our leaders' embrace of homeopathy; and how it makes Jeremy Corbyn not only a bad leader, but a bad socialist.
- Farewell to Belle: In January we reluctantly had to rehome our cat Belle, who had been stressed and unhappy since the arrival of our baby son and our older cat Dexter's passing away. She has now been adopted, and we wish her all the best.
- Birth and taxes: Why I wasn't angry at having to pay a large tax demand.
- Clean Reader: Because It's Obscene. On the Clean Reader software, which bowdlerises e-books with a search-and-replace on certain words.
Of the older posts, Death and Facebook still gets a great deal of traffic. The subject of Facebook's inhumanity is not going away in the foreseeable future.
Cute Cat Friday remains a perennial favourite, now starring the lovely Joni (pictured).
I'm very glad to have kept the blog going through all the challenges of becoming a parent. I'm still enjoying it very much, and looking forward to many more years posting here.
Post a Comment